Thursday, March 4, 2010

Say What You Feel....

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

This quote was on one of my groups – Wicked Writers, to be exact. But it so fits me and who I am I couldn’t help but put it out there.

I’m one of those people who have little or no filter. I typically spew my thoughts out and cringe a bit afterward. But not typically. If I say it I mean it.

Now that doesn’t mean I have no couth. I live a professional life and I want to be published so yes I have a professional filter, but outside of that, when I am me and only me…hell no!

My version of the above is: If you don’t like what I have to say, don’t ask. Or better yet, don’t listen.

Does this cause me problems sometimes? Ummm…YEAH! Duh

But do you have to worry where you stand with me? NO!

I am honest to a fault. This is a great trait, and a bad trait all wrapped into one. But I’d rather tell someone the truth than a lie – which I don’t tolerate BTW.

So speak your mind, be considerate about it, but don’t hold it in – you get ulcers that way, and that is so not worth it when all you have to do is be you.

BTW...My friend, Shayla Balck, who you have all met here on the blog, released book 3 in her Wicked Lovers series, this week - Run don't walk to buy this. I got some sneek peek chapters on this and I can guarantee it's worth it.



Hugs
Laurie
LKap

1 comment:

Brandy W said...

I have my copy but no telling when I'm going to read it.

I like you no-filter self. I'm a bit more filter-y. Its just the way I am.

Never fear though when I read stuff for people. I'm doing it for a reason and it isn't to pet your ego.