1. Hero’s – I’ve said this before but the writers on this show amaze me. Anyone who is writing should watch this program. The way they weave the conflicts are great. Each main characters internal and external conflict is shown along with how it ties into the main plot. The pacing is quick and the hooks always leave you wanting more.
2. 24 – So this wasn’t my favorite season but I love the show. Jack is always making it happen. My only problem with the show is some of my favorite characters were killed. I totally get it. They had done all they could to move the plot along but I miss them.
3. Big Brother – This is a show that every season I say I’m not going to watch. Then someone at work starts telling me about who’s on and what’s going on and yep, I get sucked in. It becomes really interesting to see who is playing the game and how well they play. I know we all get mad at the way some play but it’s a game and they’re all on there to win.
4. American Idol – It’s all about singing. What can I say? I love singing, really good singing that is. I do wish the rules would change at least until it’s down to the final twelve. I think the judges should have more of an actual impute on who stays and who goes until it gets to the ones who will be on the tour.
5. Hell’s Kitchen – Love this show. Anyone who has ever worked as a wait staff can tell you that the kitchen is the crazy place to be. The head chef will curse you out, tell you how horrible you are, and then go have drinks with you after work. Since Chef Ramsey has been on my day job I also know that he really is a great person. Some I’m sure don’t like him on the show but hey he’s giving the winner a chance of a lifetime and they’ve got to have it all in order to make the place work once they win.
6. So You Think You Can Dance – the people on this show amaze me with their talents. I’d love to be able to dance like them. Okay, so that’s not going to happen, instead I dance vicariously through them. One of the best things about the show is the judges impute into who stays and who goes. They know so much more about this than most of the voters so I say absolutely be a part of the vote.
7. Ugly Betty – What can I say. This is just plain fun. You’ve got your girl that everyone is rooting for, the boss that’s great, and the boss that wants to take over everything. Lot’s of conflict and yet lot’s of laughs.
8. House Hunters – I like to see the houses their looking at and pick the one I think they’ll buy. Of course it’s usually the one that I would buy if it was me. Also I just love seeing how people decorate their homes. Can you say ideas?
9. Rachelle Ray – She’s funny in a down-home kinda way. Her meals always rock and I love hearing her talk about her family.
10. Rock Star – Love this show. There has been some great talent come across it. I guess you have to like rock music to get it but then I like all kinds of music. Hearing the band who is looking for the next lead singer’s take each week is fun. And then there’s Dave Navarro. I know some of you will think I’m crazy but he’s hot in his own right.
11. That 70’s Show – I didn’t watch this show when it was first on so I’ve had fun catching up on all the espiodes. Since I was in high school in the 70’s so much of this rings true that it’s just plain fun.
12. Malcolm In The Middle – The show is just plain funny to me.
13. Seinfeld – Love the characters and how they interact with each other. I still want to see the “ugly baby” though.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
1. Sarah M
4. Julie S
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants