1. Rocky Mountain National Park – The rugged beauty of this place amazed me.
Every turn of the car brought another ooh and aww from everyone.
2. Sedona, AZ – Who knew cactus, is so beautiful. The red of the mountains is something that pictures cannot capture. The blue sky as the backdrop only accentuated the color.
3. Smokey Mountains in Tennessee – So there seems to be a mountain theme going on here. The mornings in the Smokey’s are awesome. To see the mist rising on them is magical in its own right.
4. Chicago – Pizza and Garrett’s Popcorn!!! It’s the best pizza and popcorn I’ve ever had. The Museum of Science and Industry is huge (or at least it was when I went). Then there is the zoo. I’m from Florida we don’t have zoo’s like that.
5. Destin, FL – My family lives there so that makes it special in its own right. The beaches are unbelievable. The water is that beautiful turquoise blue and the sand is like powdered sugar along with the dunes.
6. Buffalo, NY – Okay, so Buffalo is not the Big Apple but when I was there I went sledding (my first time ever) and had a blast. This may sound strange to some but cemeteries – well I had to take pictures of them. They are so old and the monuments are so cool. And then there’s Beef on Whack. Yummy!
7. Key West, FL – So the beaches are not all that, not really. The town is full of history (you know the fun kind that even if you’re not a history buff you’ll enjoy). When we went out on a fishing boat the dolphins racing along side us was a sight to remember. And then there are the sunsets – nothing like them. Of course the nightlife is pretty fun as well.
8. New Orleans – Say or think what you will this is one of my favorite towns. The city is both laid back and energized at the same time. It breaks my heart that there is so much of it still not put back to rights.
9. Ireland – I’d love to see the green of the land. To visit the local pubs and in general people watch.
10. Greece – OMG this is a place that every time I see the beaches on TV I want to be there.
11. New York, NY – I’ve never been, it’s hard to believe but I haven’t. I want to go to Broadway, take a carriage ride in Central Park, and go to Broadway again.
12. Hollywood, CA – Stars!! I want to see them. Anyone who really knows me knows that I’m not star-struck. I’ve worked along side many famous people and it’s not like I’m going to run up to them asking for autographs. I’d just like to see where they hang, shop, and go out to eat. See them in their normal life (as normal as their lives can be).
13. Hawaii – Beaches, mountains, and basically no bugs (or at least not the yucky ones we have here). I want to go to an authentic Luau.
Side note here: My CP, Laurie K. will be guest blogging on Monday. Be sure to come back and leave her a comment.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants