Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday Checking In - Pay It Forward (Ellie's) Winner Announced

Ellie's winner for her Pay It Forward contest is Jill James. Jill please email Ellie at sauble @ tennis.com
She will then coordinate your prize.

Also, I haven't heard from Flick yet. You won my contest last week. Email me with your info and I'll send your prize.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

This past weekend I worked at getting all the handwritten edits into the manuscript, which added another 1914 words. I swear I’m cutting words along the way as well. It just keeps growing.

I’m finding things that I mentioned once and either need to cut them out completely or add them again somewhere else.

My goal for next week is to have the remainder of the hardcopy edited. I’d like to have them entered or cut from the remainder of the manuscript, but with the day job that’s not likely to happen. At any rate, in two weeks, I should be through with this first pass. Then it’s print it out and start again. If I’m lucky the second pass through will be it and then it’s on to the synopsis, query letter and submitting.

I can’t wait for that first rejection. :) Sound weird? Yes, but it’s bound to happen and it means I’m doing what I’m supposed to do. Insert major props to my local chapter, TARA for teaching us that rejection happens, take 24 hours, and have a pity party if you need it and then pick yourself up and continue on. It’s the name of the game so to speak.

With my other manuscripts, I’ve never went all the way. I wrote them and stuck them under the proverbial bed. No query or synopsis. I knew they weren’t going anywhere. But this one…this ones different. I love to hate this book. Okay, I truly don’t hate it, but there are moments in the revision process that I think, ‘If I read that scene one more time—’ Then I get a grip and read it again.

How about you? Did you write this week? Delete scenes? What is the hardest or best part of the revisions for you?

WW’s and PD’s,
Vicki

2 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Hooray for the courage to submit this time--you must believe you're ready! Sounds like you are right on track--good luck!

Julie S said...

I hear you on that first rejection. I haven't submitted anything yet, but once I do, I'll look forward to it :-) Good luck with your edits!