Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday, Friday, Friday

It’s Friday and if you’re like me you’re doing the happy dance. Love it when the weekend finally gets here. WhooHoo!!!

So, in honor of Friday and the freedom it brings, I’d like to share a couple of quotes with you.

All I could find for the first two is anonymous, so if you know who wrote them please share with us. The last one is a personal favorite of mine, and of course it has the author of the quote. ;)

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly…. ~annonymous

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning how to Dance in the Rain. ~annonymous

“Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” ~George Carlin

What about you? Do you have a quote you love? Share it with us, you never know who might need to read it today.

Happy Friday,
Vicki

7 comments:

PatriciaW said...

For all the writers out there, I saw this on author Irene Brand's blog once:

Success isn't given to the talented--it's taken by those who struggle, sacrifice and reach for it." -- Author Unknown

Vicki said...

Patricia - I love that quote!!! And it is so true. Thank you for sharing it. I do believe I'm going to print it and put it by my computer.

Malicious Intent said...

"Pain is inevitable, Misery is optional." - 100 year old woman. One I keep at my desk at all times.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I never remember quotes, but I love reading good ones, so thanks for three! Enjoy your weekend!

Vicki said...

MI - isn't that the truth. I'm thinking that's another one I'm going to need to print and put by the computer. Sometimes being reminded is a good thing too.

Alyssa - Hey you!! I'm glad you stopped by.

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn Crane said...

These are amazing quotes! I love the dancing in the rain one.

Here is one I like from the poet Mary Oliver:

“What is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?”