Friday, October 30, 2009

Boo!! The Night of Tricks or Treats










Yesterday, L talked about not really liking this month so much anymore and I have to say I’m with her for the most part. I’m not a horror flick girl either. I saw the first Jason movie way back in the day and still it haunts me. Really, it does.

And Scream? Yeah, no way. I tried to watch it. After about 10 minutes I had to stop it. At the time I worked in a high school and the kids there told me the entire movie (once they stopped laughing at how scared it had made me), so I could go back and watch it. Nothing should scare me since I knew what was coming. Again, not so much. It was in the middle of the day and I was only about 20 minutes in when the scene where the parents come home to find the popcorn burning on the stove and the mother hears her daughter’s voice on the end of the phone. I won’t go any further, if you’ve seen the movie you know what happens and if not then you might be like me and not really need the visual in your head.








What I do like about Halloween is dressing up. Right now (I know it’s Friday, but we can dress up at work), I’m wearing a wicked shirt, black fingernails, black lipstick, lot’s of makeup, skull shoes, and a skull necklace. It’ not my best costume, but it’s fun. Here’s a pick of one of my favorites. Of course it’s pretty much just my face, but I loved the makeup.


The kids dressing up and trick or treating is always fun. Unfortunately it’s not quite the same as it was back in the day, but it’s still fun.

Here’s one of my favorite memories:

When I was a little girl one of the radio stations in my area always picked a house to be the spook house. No one knew where the house was other than the clues they’d give on the radio. The first person to actually identify the house as the spook house won a big prize.

Well, we were chosen when I was six. Instead of going out trick or treating that year I stayed at the house to help hand out fists full of candy to the people coming. The station provided us with the candy and of course the DJ’s were there as well. It was so cool. They had someone come and decorate the house to make it really spooky looking and even though I didn’t go out I had a blast.
Back then the adults went T&Ting as well, just to find the house and win. But it was different than today’s times. You didn’t worry if a bunch of adult came to your house dressed in costumes complete with mask.

And I got to be a fairy princess with my very own tiara. The flowing pink dress and ballet shoes were beautiful. Of course for those who know me, I had to be at the door and I wanted to be called Princess V. Heehee, yeah, my mom didn’t think so. I was and always will be Vicki, but I guess when you’re hyped up on loads of chocolate it’s okay.






So what about you? Any fun Halloween memories?

Hope everyone has a great weekend and finds many treats. And the pumpkin craving wouldn't be complete with out this one. :)



Bahhhahahha,
Vicki

3 comments:

Cynthia Sherrick said...

Happy Halloween, Vicki!!

LKap said...

Happy Halloween!!!!

Fedora said...

Just a quiet Halloween for us--hope yours is happy! :)