Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Checking In and Contest - WhooHoo, It's good to be back in the swing of things :)

Ah Monday, time to check in with last weeks count and give the goal for this week. Can anyone say, thank god for Sunday? If I hadn’t written on Sunday the word count would have been very low. It’s not what I know I need to finish the book before the TARA Christmas party, but they’re new words add all the same.

Here you go: word count added – 1773. Sounds like a good year or something. :) Goal for this week is to write everyday even with the holiday. I’m going to Destin to see my family and I’m so excited but I will write.

The contest is back in full swing this week with the third JR Ward book. This weeks it’s Lover Awakened. That link will take you to the excerpt page.



And here’s the back cover blurb:

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion—until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society.

Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadist’s thirst for vengeance against Bella’s tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her…


My thoughts on one of the brothers:
Zsadist is a vamp/man who you will love and feel the fear at the same time. His past dictates who he is and why he’s become that person. Still as you read the books you know there is a man inside who cares deeply for the BDB. There is one thing though – if you’re out at night and see the scared man be careful. Unless he knows you he’ll not want to carry on a conversation or go have drinks. He’ll more than likely scare the crap out of you.

Take some time and visit the site. Get to know him and then jump into his world. I promise once you do you’d fight to the death with any Lesser for him.

So, you all know that I love this series and word up it’s not like any series I’ve ever read before. I know these guys and somehow even though they’re supposed to be characters in a book, coming from JR’s mind I think they know me. They’ll know you too once you begin.

Now it’s your turn. How was your week? Did you write? Meet your goals? What’s your goals for next week? Have you got your own personal deadline for finishing your book? And last, but certainly not least, have you read any of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books? I’d love to hear what you think about them.

Leave your comments to be entered into the contest each day this week.

As always, Writing Wishes and Plotting Dreams,
Vicki

2 comments:

nancy said...

I've been away no phone or anything at home yet so I'm glad to be at my parent for a little while figured I would say Hi. Are JR Ward books part of a series? I don't read a lot of vampire books because I'm afriad that they will be part of a series and I won't understand whats going on. Congrads on the word count.I'm thinking about trying to come up with a story to write. the last one just didn't flow so I scrapped it :) I haven't had a light bulb go off yet.

Vicki said...

Hey Nancy, I'm visiting with family this weekend and have limited access to the computer.

JR's books are part of a series and yes it's better to read them in order but even with that said they can be read alone.

She is an amazing writer and one that I highly recommend.