Thursday, November 1, 2007

T13 - Halloween



Before I start the T13 I wanted to remind you one last time to check out the Maven’s blog. The story is over and oh yeah, I want more. The end was incredible. No one saw that twist. :) If you haven’t read them go now and read each one from the beginning. Then vote on the title. They’re listed on today’s blog and let me tell you it will be a hard decision. This has been so much fun. Thank you Mavens for doing it and I can’t wait until the next one happens. Big hint there.

Another Halloween has come and gone. These are just a few of things I enjoy on this day.

1. Decorating the house and the yard. I didn’t decorate this year which is odd for me. There are several homes around me that did though and they went all out. So much so that traffic slows down to look at them. Not that I mind since I’m part of the slow down traffic. It seems each time I see something new.

2. Dressing up. Oh yeah, I still like to dress up. At the ‘day job’ we can come in costume to work. This is always fun since it’s such a large company you see everything from an orange t-shirt w/ jeans to a full all out costume.

3. Candy or chocolate to be exact. All those bags of chocolate to give out to the kids. I love seeing their costumes and their faces as you put candy in their bags. I like to give out the good stuff. The kind that when they get home and their parents look through the bag I know they’ll want to keep it.

4. Apples – candy or caramel. Either one works for me. I don’t give those out but eating them are yummy.

5. Movies – Okay so I can’t really watch the scary movies. It something about my mind that wants to turn them in to reality. I mean I watched the first Jason movie way back in the day and still I can see the mask.

6. The day after Halloween sale – this is for candy, costumes for next year, and new decorations. Gotta love a sale.

7. Seeing the pictures of
Leslie Kelly’s house on the Plotmonkeys blog. She really knows how to do a haunted house.

8. HGTVWhat can I say? I love this channel and this time of year they show all sorts of homes that decorate for Halloween. It can takes months and months for some of these houses.

9. Fall is finally arriving down in the south. Not to say that it’s much cooler but at least you know it’s here.

10. This one goes along with 9 but for me it signals the time to begin in earnest with the rest of the year’s decorations and buying presents for Christmas. OMG, it’s really less than two months away!!!

11. Parties – friends and family getting together to laugh, eat, drink and relax.

12. Changing the decorations from spooky to turkeys. :) Yep, I have stuff that can be left out for the entire two months (October and November) but I also have some that needs to go back into their Rubbermaid homes and others that come out. (I know, I didn’t decorate for Halloween this year, but I’ll pull out the Thanksgiving stuff this weekend)

13. Friends, and blogs, and emails, Oh MY! I’m sure you’re like me and have friends who you’ve never actually met and this is one of those times of the year were you see pictures, hear about their family’s fun and send pictures back and forth.

So, how was your Halloween? Did you dress up? Do you have lots of candy left over or did you give it all out and have to look for something else to hand out as the last group came to your house?



WW’s and PD’s,
Vicki

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Love the list :) I thought Halloween was a dream come true on TV. At the gym, I managed to walk 4 miles because there were repeats of A Haunting playing! And Sylvia Brown was on Montel :) Made exercising not such a chore...

Danika Dinsmore said...

I managed not to do anything this Halloween, which really is my favourite holiday. My husband and I stayed inside and watched movies. We have no trick-or-treaters that come to our place.

#6 is my favourite thing... after Halloween candy sales! Yum!

I didn't do a TT this week, I did somethign else instead.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I had to scramble for extra candy to give away. And I didn't dress up.

And I didn't realize that HGTV did any shows/specials on Halloween decorating--I would have loved to have caught some of that!

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

Great blog. I'm a faithful fan of the supernatural and paranormal.

I'm sure your writing will be snapped up soon.

nancy said...

WOW! I hadn't even thought about Christmas being so close.I think I am going to have a panic attack just thinking about it. :Z