Wednesday, November 5, 2008

American History and The People Spoke

As you know, I don't post much in the political thoughts on this blog. But this morning I have to say, America ROCKS!

We have a new president, history has been made, and we've shown we believe in our country and the right to vote. That is why I say we rock.

Now this IMHO, but regardless of who you voted for, we now come together as Americans to stand behind our new president and to support him. No longer are red or blue, but we're now purple. At least for the next four years.

The amount of young voters impressed me beyond measure. They realized they have a voice and it meant something to them. I think that in itself speaks volumes.

We're back to the contest at hand this week. Robin Kaye's debut book, Romeo Romeo, is a book you don't want to miss reading.

WW's and PD's,
Vicki

2 comments:

Jill James said...

Vicki, I was impressed by the number of voters, and young ones at that. However each of us voted we now owe the office of President the respect it is due, no matter who sits in the oval office.

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Vicki

I have just read some of your posts. I liked the immediacy in your narration; and I would like to revisit your blogs.

If you wish to see some paintings, a visit to my blogs would be a good idea.

Naval Langa