Monday, July 13, 2009

Washington DC

Ready or not, here we come. L and I are leaving tomorrow for RWA's national conference. Of course I'm not packed. Nope, not a single item.

I've made a list (did not check it twice), but that's as far as I've made it. Well, I did spend plenty of money this weekend on things to take with me to nationals. A new dress, hey it's the Rita's baby, new shoes, new purse...okay so that just for Saturday night.

So there are a couple of new pairs of shoes. I see you there wincing. Trust me, these are the comfortable, but major cute (always need the major cute part), flat sandals. I learned the first year I attended conference that flats are the way to go.

And really I'm not sure why, but I have to have new under things. It's not like anyone is going to see them, or that the ones I currently have are fine, but still I must take new ones with me. Add to that travel size bottles, camera, phone, laptop, (netbook), and all the chargers that go with said items and you've got a small suitcase there.

Yeah, L said she was going to try to do a carry on only...I'll let her tell you the outcome of that one. We'll just suffice it to say, we're girls who like to have choices.

This is the conference were we get little to no sleep and really don't feel it until we board the plane on Sunday to return home. We have a ton of fun seeing long distance friends. Having drinks with an editor and/or agent who we actually don't pitch to them, just talk to them like normal people is always great.

We'll post some happens along the way. I'm not sure what time they'll be posted, more than likely around the 3:00 AM time zone. You know, the zone of the nearly dead.

Anyway, if you're going to nationals hopefully we'll catch up with each other. For any of our friends web or otherwise who aren't attending, we'll miss you bunches.

Last but not least, check back for books and pictures in the next few weeks. :D

Hugs,
Vicki

5 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Have a great time!

mslizalou said...

Hope y'all have a safe and wonderful trip! I hate to miss out on DC, but I'm really looking forward to everyone coming to Nashville next year.

jdsanc said...

Yes, new undies, way to go! They do have some power in them, right? They're that secret something that is just for you. And yeah, great idea on the shoes. I wore some wedges a few years ago. Super cute, only my foot started to cramp after four hours and there was nothing I could do, but grit my teeth. When I finally took my shoes off, it took about ten minutes for my feet to fully relax. Haven't worn them since.
But have a great time. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Cynthia Sherrick said...

Hope you take lot's of pics!!

Anonymous said...

I know you are having a blast. I am linking my two new sites to your site now and hope you have a chance to see these sites. http://www.bethgray.us and http://www.howtobecomeabetterhooker.info
thanks