Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Ten - Warm Fuzzes

I just love the 4th of July. It makes me feel so proud to be an American (where at least I know I'm free...sorry I ramble into song every now and then...just ask Vicki!). It never fails that while I'm watching those fireworks make the night sky sparkle, I am overcome with emotion. So as I sat down to write this week's Tuesday Ten, I started thinking about what other activities make me feel warm inside (a good glass of wine aside, of course!). I hope a few of them make you smile too...

10. Singing...as I said before I tend to break out in random song. I love singing and there isn't much I'd rather be doing than sitting around a couple of talented people singing in four part harmony.

9. Watching success stories on TV...I am such a sucker for the people on those reality talent shows who have come from such negative past experiences and are now showing how truly talented they are. Did you see the group of formerly homeless veterans on America's Got Talent this year? I get teary every time!

8. Cuddling up with a good book next to an open window as the rain falls steadily outside.

7. Sitting on my Aunt's deck. Everyone else has left for the night and it's just she and I, the moonlit water, and a couple of glasses of wine. Some of our best chats have happened out on that deck.

6. Making a difference in someone's life, no matter how great or small the action.

5. Watching the sunset. My personal favorite is watching it set behind mountains or the ocean. I can't help but marvel at how creative God is when I catch those perfect evenings.

4. Coming in the door and being greeted by what is arguably the cutest, most perfect dog in the world.

3. Having a student on their way to high school dedicate their final talent show performance to you because you always believed in and supported them...priceless. This is why I do what I do.

2. Once a year my mom comes to visit. It is without a doubt the week I look forward to all year, starting the moment I drop her off to fly back home. There's always once during that trip that we get into the most uncontrollable giggle-fest possible. I adore my mom and treasure the memories of us laughing until we can't breathe any more. I love you, mom. Our visit can't come soon enough!

1. Spending time with my wonderful husband and knowing he is my best friend.

What about you? What makes your heart smile? Have a great week everyone, and I'll see you next Tuesday!

SB Jane

No comments: