Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - All About Nothing



Using a line from the show Seinfeld – this week’s T13 is All About Nothing

1. Reading a great book – you know, the one that you can’t put down even though it’s now 3:00AM and you’ve got to get ready for the day job in a few hours.

2. Before the rain – you walk outside and sniff the air. The sweat aroma of moisture tickles your senses as the clouds begin gathering from some distant place.

3. Watching the babies sleep – For me this is my dogs. After they’ve played, torn up the new toy we bought them and aggravated each other to no end. Now you watch as they curl up next to each other, the littlest ones head on the side of the other, sleeping without a care in the world.

4. Flowers on the dinning room table – the day jobs been rough, all you want is to go home and sulk. Then you walk into your house and there they are. Standing proud in your favorite vase. Greeting you with sunshine to your tired soul.

5. Surprises – You’re trying to figure out what to do with the mishmash of food you have left at the end of the week to make dinner. Standing with the freezer door open, you stare at the lone package of frozen chicken. The cool air washing over your face and still nothing comes to mind to cook. That’s when you hear his/her voice. “Honey, lets go out tonight.” The freezer door closes on its own accord and out the door you go. Fun!!!

6. The best scene in the book writing – Your fingers fly across the keys, words hitting the screen so fast in front of you that you’re not truly sure if you’re doing it or some magical force is sending it through you. Gotta love those scenes. :)

7. The worst scene in the book writing – You sit, stare at the blank page, and wait. Nothing. You knew the scene early in the day but didn’t have time to sit down. Now it’s become pulling words from your muse who’s decided she no longer likes this scene. (had to throw that one in since I had the best scene, they usually go hand in hand)

8. The two-hour phone call with your cp who tells you, yes, you are a writer and a damn good one. This of course is after #7 has happened.

9. Birthdays – You either love them or hate them. Me, I love them. I figured out a long time ago that I couldn’t stop them. Besides the alternative is not so great. I celebrate them to the fullest. It may be simple or it may be huge but celebrate them nonetheless.

10. Spring cleaning – the time to throw away or give away the stuff you really don’t need. It’s also the time you revisit old memories as you open that box sitting in the back of the closest. The pictures you’ve not looked at in forever quickly take you back to the moment in time when they were taken. A part of your life frozen to remember with joy.

11. Going to the spa for a day – Yep, this is one of my fav’s. I don’t do it often but love the pampering and just plain feeling good that goes along with it.

12. Finding that perfect birthday, Christmas, or Hanukah gift weeks in advance. Then trying hard not to give it the person before said holiday. :) That’ very hard for me. I love to get things for others but then I want to give them the gift right then.

13. Sunrise, Sunsets, and Moonrises – Any of these works for me. The crisp morning air as the sun begins to peak its sleepy head, the late afternoon sun dipping off the horizon its warmth tucking away for the night, or the moon, bold and bright, shinning the way across the waters a beacon of light brighten the path for ships and giving the outer edges of the sea its nightglow for the rest of us.

There you have it. My Thursday Thirteen all about nothing and yet all about lots of everything.



Don't you love the picture? If you look close you'll see it's a double rainbow.

WW’s and PD’s,
Vicki

5 comments:

PatriciaW said...

What a great list! I could have written all but 7 (haven't experienced the CP thing yet), 10 (I hate spring cleaning and try to avoid it), and 11 (never had a spa day).

Thanks for a bit of fun.

Vicki said...

Thanks Patricia. It was a fun list to do. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that TT! And I love watching the dogs sleep too. I have a Jack Russell and a Golden retriever. The Jack Russell snuggles up against the golden. Sooo cute!

Danika Dinsmore said...

That is a beautiful photo. I love rainbows.

So, what was the book that kept you up until 3 am? Or are you talking about in general?

Your TT feels like the antidote to mine, haha, which is about how busy I've been.

But I always take time for #13... don't you love it when the moon is low on the horizon and looks impossibly huge?

Erica Ridley said...

Birthdays – You either love them or hate them. Me, I love them. I figured out a long time ago that I couldn’t stop them. Besides the alternative is not so great.

Bwa ha haa. This cracked me up. =)