Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday Check In and This Week's Contest

Last week’s winner is…drum roll please, Julie S.!!! Major Congrats! Email me with your snail address at vickilanewrites at yahoo.com and I’ll send it out.

Monday, the coveted weekend is over. I don’t know about you but I’m thinking weekends should be three days. Two just never seem to be enough. By the time I’m through running ‘weekend’ errands, cleaning the house, and trying to throw a little bit of fun in it’s over. I’m so looking forward to the day I can work from home in the pj’s. :)

This morning there’s a cool breeze blowing and although it reads 73 on the outside thermometer it feels just a bit cooler. Maybe fall is beginning to wake its sleepy head down here in sunny Florida. It’s been a killer of a hot summer so we’ll take the change no matter how slight.

I’m checking in this week with 3987 words. Not to bad considering I had 3 days this week with absolutely zero writing. Of course that also means my daily word count to finish by December 3rd has increased by about 100 words.



This week’s contest is Carly Phillips new book Sealed With A Kiss the sequel to Cross My Heart

Here’s the back cover blurb:

Molly Gifford has it all—a hot legal career and Daniel Hunter, her equally hot boyfriend. But what she desperately needs is a family—her family. So, when she discovers her real father, she doesn't hesitate to pack her bags and go to him. Even though it means leaving the man she loves behind.....

A year later, Daniel Hunter's still trying to get on with his life. That is, until Molly shows up at his door, begging for his help. Her newfound father is under arrest for murder, and Hunter's the only attorney in the area with the skill and reputation to get him off.

Hunter can't resist helping an innocent man. And, unfortunately, he still can't resist Molly. But this time, he'll be the one walking away—even though it'll break both their hearts to do it...


To read more of Molly and Hunter’s story check out Chapter One on Carly’s website.

Like so many of Carly’s fans I fell in love with Molly and Hunter in the first book and wanted their story. It’s a great read and I know you’re going to love it.

As always leave your comments this week on the blog to be entered into the contest. You can leave them on any or all of the weeks blog post.

So how was your week? Did you write? Read any new books? Are you meeting your goals? Let us know what’s happening.

Writing Wishes and Plotting Dreams,
Vicki

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't write last week, I went through a writer's block period, actually I'm still fighting through it.
I read a couple of books, both Silhouette Desires. I don't usually read them, but I had a craving for a sheik or a Greek billionaire:)
I need to get back on track this week, I want to get a couple of subs out. Cross your fingers for me!

CrystalGB said...

I am currently read J.R. Ward's Lover Unbound and enjoying it.
I love Carly's books. I have Cross Your Heart but I haven't read Sealed With A Kiss. It has a beautiful cover.

Vicki said...

Ava - we all have the w-block once in awhile. You'll be back writing before you know it. Besides, sometimes we writers need a reading break.

Crystal - Aren't you loving JR Wards writing!!! She's a great author.

Julie S said...

Ooh how exciting that I won! I'll email you...

And I'm with you on the three-day weekend idea. I need at least that much time to get all my stuff done :-)

PatriciaW said...

So you wrote close to 1,000 words per day last week! Congratulations!

I'm in revisions. I've completed the first chapter.

Danika Dinsmore said...

3-day weekends. I'm all for them. I used to teach at a school that ran M-Th. That was pretty cool.

Total last week: 12,294
This week: 4,533
GRAND TOTAL: 16,827

Really, for a middle grade novel, I'm almost 1/3 of the way there! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Julie S!

Congrats ladies on your writing!

Cool a Carly book contest!

Terri W.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in for the 3 day weekend. Usually by the time I run errands and clean, I don't have too much time to do anything fun. I spent some time with my family over the weekend and finished Lover Unbound.

Everyone will love Sealed with a Kiss. It is wonderful

Liza

tetewa said...

I'm currently reading Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson this is going to be a great new series. I'm glad to see you featuring Carly this week love her books!

Bill Clark said...

I checked myself into a fictitious ICU to nurse a broken heart, and thus didn't get much else accomplished. Plan to make up for lost time this week.

nancy said...

I just finished reading Beg For Mercy by Toni Andrews.That book rocked.I loved Cross my heart by Carly I have waited for this book to finally come out :) Here is hoping I win it LOL.