Last week, CL Wilson tagged me for the 8 Things about You meme and I then tagged others. It’s been great reading their memes and learning new things about them.
One of the people that I tagged is my cp, Laurie K. and since she doesn’t have a blog of her own I’m posting it here.
Well here goes. That is if I can think of eight things about me that would be found interesting. Bare with me as I think it through my tangled mind and dig deep to find these things.
1) I was a licensed cosmetologist – although not any longer since moving to Florida. Only because I needed a paycheck and couldn’t wait for it to come to me, ‘cause I really miss that creativity.
2) We use to own a ranch. Yes, I said ranch. We had 12 head of horses that we trained, bred and would rodeo with. I didn’t compete, but my husband and daughter did. Although I would barrel race and rope for the fun of it. You haven’t lived until you’ve baled hay and cleaned stalls out!
3) I gave up writing for 12 years. I was a stay at home mom and would write when my daughter was in school. After my husband was in a car accident I had to go back to work and didn’t start again until Vicki and I got close and I forgot how much I missed it.
4) I was part owner in my parent’s jewelry business (after I was 18 of course). I did everything from N.Y, Rhode Island buying trips, road sales, paperwork and all the packing and shipping. I learned a lot about life and how a business works from the time I was 13 until I was about 25.
5) I have six dogs. Yep 6!!! They range from 3lbs to 135 lbs. Each one is so unique and different I couldn’t imagine my life without them. Most are dogs I have rescued in one way or another and the furthest away was from St. Marteen. He was a stray and if you’ve ever been, you know dogs are all over the place. I couldn’t handle it so I went to a rescue hospital and brought a puppy home. He’s the best souvenir I could ever have!
6) Okay, here is a compulsive piece of myself. If you know me you already know this. If I like an author I will purchase their books in hard and soft cover and collect everything ever written by them. Most of my books if I purchased them look like I’ve never read them. This is because I have such a respect for the written word and what it takes to go into it. I feel like I’m ruining a painting or something if I crease the spine and don’t even think about writing in them or turning a corner down. That is the ultimate sin in my mind. My husband thinks it’s funny to hold my books hostage because he knows how anal I am. He also knows what will happen if he even accidentally bends a page too. ;-)
7) All of my tattoos are characters in my book.
8) Last, but certainly not least. I have been married for 21 years and have a 19 year old daughter in college. This use to be a surprise to people, but I think age is starting to creep up on me so it’s not such a shocker anymore. Well, maybe the married that long part ;-)