Here are the rules:
• Players offer eight random habits/facts about themselves.
• If you're tagged, write your own blog about your eight things and post these rules.
• At the end of your blog post, choose someone to tag (supposed to be eight but however many you can do is fine, no tag police will come get you) - and list their names.
CL Wilson, Cheryl, tagged me with the 8 Things About You Meme. So in lieu of the normal Thursday Thirteen I’m going to do the meme. Oh yeah, and tagged a couple of people. :)
What? You don’t have a blog and I tagged you? No worries, you can email me your meme and I’ll post it next Tuesday. Yes, Laurie that means you too. :D
Okay, here goes:
1. I used to work for a motivational company, traveling all around the US. We held one-day seminars but would be in the city for a total of 3 – 4 days each place.
2. I’ve held private functions for stars, politicians, and sports figures. I met a lot of people and enjoyed it for the most part. It’s not always what it’s cracked up to be. Lot’s of late late nights. Both 1 and 2 were before I met Science Guy and really had no life to myself.
3. I worked for American Cancer Society in the Advocacy Department and the FDOC (Florida Dialogue on Cancer) in the Florida headquarters for 2 years. Traveling to Tallahassee to the capital as well as multiple conferences in Florida. I met some really great volunteers during that time, who give an amazing amount of time to ACS. One of the best conferences I attended was the NAACP in Daytona, Florida, where we (ACS) where on the venue to do workshops.
4. I love singing and used to do it quite a bit. Not so much anymore though.
5. If I could have a career other than writing it would be acting. I love, love, love acting. Nothing like opening night. It’s been several years now since I’ve done theater and still miss it. Unfortunately it takes way too much time from writing.
6. Although I’m not really ‘goth’ (well, maybe just a tad) I prefer black and have a ton of it in my closet. It’s not even the whole black makes you look slimmer thought. I just love the color.
7. My favorite vacation to just plain relax is going to the beach. Taking morning beach walks and watching the sun setting in the evening. This is the kind of vacation where I actually come back feeling rested.
8. I paint, Donna Dewberry style when I have a little extra time. Not so much of that right now since I’m in my own personal deadline.
Well, that’s all for me. You may or may not know any of those things about me.
Rubbing hands together and deep, just a bit wicked laughter emerged as I decide just who should I tag. I have to pick those Cheryl didn’t.
Danika, Laurie K., Patricia, Alyssa, December, Bill, Julie S. Carly Phillips, Leslie Kelly.
Writing Wishes and Plotting Dreams,