Thursday, October 25, 2007
Thursday Thirteen - Weird Things You Would Never Know
The pic is from last year. I was, in case you're not sure a spider woman. Not like spiderman. But with spiders and spider webs everywhere.
These are some Weird Things You Would Never Know!! (But do now) :)
1. No word in the English language rhymes with ‘Month’
2. All polar bears are left handed
3. The electric chair was invented by a dentist
4. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
5. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match
6. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building
7. Butterflies taste with their feet
8. In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere
9. Most lipstick contains fish scales
10. It’s physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky
11. ‘Go’ is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
12. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
13. In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand
Your turn, what weird facts do you know that we don’t?
WW’s and PD’s,