Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Been a Year Since Miss Snark Retired and We Miss Her

May 19, 2007 was a day for many of us that will go down in history. It’s the day our much beloved Miss Snark announced she and Killer Yapp were retiring.

524 comments later, she came back and gave us several more post, finally closing on May 20, 2007.

Although we no longer have her or Killer Yapp live on the blog, she's left it up for us. To which we say Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have visited it many times, refreshing or making sure I'm doing it right when I query. She taught us to Query widely and Query well.

For any aspiring writer, the posts along with comments, (yes, snarky comments) are a valuable learning tool. While many of us were lurkers and posted occasionally we were there everyday, learning from someone who was quick to place her T.Rexual heels of stiletto snark upon us.

It’s there you’ll learn about the true crapometer, (which became an industry term from the blog), the do’s and don’ts of query letters, and more. Really everything you ever wanted to know and probably more, you’ll find in the archives.

So to you Miss Snark, and lest I forget, to you as well Killer Yapp, I hope you’re doing well, drinking from the gin pail, and of course married to George Clooney. Also, know that you’re missed by all!

Writing Wishes and Plotting Dreams,
Vicki

PS. Last week’s contest: The winner for Karen Rose’s book Scream For Me is…Karen Lingefelt. WhooHoo Karen!!!

6 comments:

Karen Lingefelt said...

Thank you, Vicki! I'm so thrilled to win the newest book by The Magnificent Rose!

I still go to Miss Snark's site to look up stuff in her archives. I'm glad she left it up. It's a gold mine of info, and still a must-read blog for all writers IMO.

Jill James said...

I truly miss Miss Snark. She was one in a million.

Stephen Parrish said...

Hi Vicki. Sometimes I google "Miss Snark" and whatever topic I happen to be curious about, but most of my return visits are just to look at the picture of KY and get all mushy.

Carolyn Crane said...

Oh, totally! I learned so much from that site!!!!

Malicious Intent said...

Awe, sounds like they were pretty special. Before my time, sorry to have missed, they sound like they were a lot of fun.

Leigh Russell said...

Must look up Miss Snark.