Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm Giving Away A Bullet Catcher! and OMG is he HOT

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend and for those who are anywhere near the hurricane, much prayers for you and your family for safety.



Now You Die is out! This is the third in the Bullet Catcher series by Roxanne St. Claire. I haven’t started reading this one yet, but it’s on the top of my TBR pile and well, I love her books. The hero’s are sexy and her books are the just-one-more-page, at the wee hours of the morning, books. Really, you don’t want to put them down. And yes, she writes the way we’ve all been taught, leave the scene and chapters with a hook.

But it’s more than that with Rocki’s books. From the first page you become immersed in the characters lives. You root for them, you laugh at an antic, and you can’t wait for the love scene. :)

If you haven’t read any of the Bullet Catcher’s (I’m not sure if there is anyone who hasn’t), then you’re in for a wonderful treat. Check out Jack Culver and then come back here.

He’s Hot! Now, that you’ve made it back, (I know, leaving his page was hard), here’s the blurb:

Former Bullet Catcher and lone wolf investigator Jack Culver is on a mission. Thirty years ago, an innocent woman was convicted of murder. Jack believes he's found the real killer -- but to take down one of the highest legal authorities in the land, he needs access. Serious access. Unfortunately, the one person he knows with that kind of power is his ex-boss and ex-lover, the woman who still haunts his dreams.

Bullet Catchers owner Lucy Sharpe realizes she's being used for her connections, and she intends to use Jack Culver right back. She's determined to see justice served, even if that means partnering with the man who once found his way past her iron shields. This time, she'll be strong enough to avoid Jack's persuasive touch.

But when passion flares, and they become the killer's target, Lucy and Jack don't just break some rules -- they shatter them. And that means risking everything: their jobs, their hearts...and their lives.


And of course it wouldn’t be my blog if I didn’t give you the link for the excerpt. Again, you’ll need to tear yourself away and come back after you read it.

If you’re like the rest of us who love this series, then about now you’re dying to get your hands on this book and find out what happens with Jack and Lucy. I know, big surprises, huh. We thought it might be Dan and Lucy.

So, leave your comments on this and any other post this week to be entered into the contest.

Writing Wishes and Plotting Dreams,

Vicki

15 comments:

Roxanne St. Claire said...

Wow - Vicki, thank you for the props and the links and the lurve for my Bullet Catchers! I'm so honored. I hope you love Jack as much as the others - he's a bit of a smart-ass, in your face, throw you down on the bed and make you scream kind of guy. Don't you just hate that?

I'll be happy to pop in and talk to anyone who wants to drool...er, discuss the Bullet Catchers or writing or life in general!

xoxo
Rocki

Carolyn Crane said...

I have been seeing this series around - is it here? Anyway, I've been wanting to read them, and I LOVE the titles - very clever and catchy.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Vicki! A give away is an awesome idea...and what a give away! I'd love to meet Jack. :-)

Hawk

Danika Dinsmore said...

hey Vicki, hugs and kisses. i just had my first weekend off in 5 weeks. :-)

Life will slow after the end of October.

Jill James said...

Vicki, those Bullet Catchers are to die for, especially Jack.

I have loved this series, can't wait to hit BN and see if I can find the others.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Good Morning Vicki! Just checking out the site to see who else is after Jack! LOL

Hawk

Leigh Duncan said...

This series just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait to get to know Jack in an up-close-and-personal way. This guy can throw me down on the bed and make me scream any day of the week...and twice on Tuesdays. Grins.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having Roxanne on your blog, Vicki. I've been planning to get a peek at these bullet catcher heroes. This whole series sounds great!

Roxanne--what sort of writing schedule do you have?

MARIAN

Kerry Blaisdell said...

Hi Vicki (and Rocki! :?))! I'm one of the ones who lurved First You Run, and have Then You Hide on my TBR list. Now You Die looks awesome -- can't wait to read it! Now that the kids are back in school, I'll have time to get caught up. (Yeah, right. *;?))

Cheers,
Kerensa

CrystalGB said...

Now You Die sounds wonderful. I love Roxanne's books.

Vicki said...

Hey everybody, It's been a crazy morning of the day job and going to the dentist - one half of my face is now numb.

This promises to be a great week, so leave your questions for Rocki. :)

tetewa said...

I've been hearing alot about this series but never read any of them. Looks like I know what to add to my TBR pile!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Good Morning Vicki - I'm back today to check on Jack - anyone run off with him yet? Humm, good - so I still have a chance to get him, huh? LOL I'm hoping my new blog site will be as active as yours, one day soon. Hugs Hawk

Roxanne St. Claire said...

Hey is it Wednesday already? Where is the week going? Oh, I know. Into work. Marian asked about my writing schedule...it's all day, every day. I have school-age kids (one tween, one teen) so I work every blasted minute they are in school, and this month, as a deadline looms, a lot more than that. I'm a daytime writer, since I pretty much burn out after sundown and crash into the nearest wall by nine, but if I'm in trouble, I can get up at 5 and add two hours to my writing day.

I don't really "plot" using a board or outline anymore, but I found that to be super helpful in my first few books. Then I learned to trust my storytelling instincts (and listen to my gut) and fly by the seat of PJ bottoms.

Carolyn Jean, I love that you've been seeing the series around! I hope there's a bit-o-buzz! That's such a difficult thing to quantify or control.

Gotta scoot the kids to school, walk the pooch (an Australian terrier - my real baby) and, today, the bullets fly.

Thanks for opening your cyber doors to me, Vicki. You rock.

xoxo
Rocki

mslizalou said...

I admit I found the Bullet Catchers late and am playing catch up. Can't wait to get to Lucy's story!