Thursday, September 11, 2008

Working Through the Storm Day Job Style

I haven't heard from the winner of Roxanne's book, Now You Die, so please email me your snail mail addy. If I don't hear from you by Sunday I'll need to draw another name.

Some office humor for hurricane's and friend sent to me and I thought I'd share.


Office Procedures Concerning Storm and Office Closings

As we watch the progress of the storm, the following are the
firm's guidelines based upon the hurricane's intensity:

Hurricane Category #1
No excuse for being late. Leave earlier to give extra time to
avoid fallen trees and limbs.


Hurricane Category #2
Due to the horizontal rain, you may wear jeans.


Hurricane Category #3
Whereas most of the area will be flooded we suggest you
avoid wearing open toe sandals when coming to work. Canoes will be
provided to get to the building safely without getting wet.


Hurricane Category #4
More than likely there will be no electricity. Given that, we
will have manual typewriters available to all staff members. Please take
extra caution and wear water-proof make-up if Category 4 or above.


Hurricane Category #5
Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your chairs when
the windows blow out. For those that survive, we will have chocolate
cake at 3:00 pm in the kitchen.

Although this was an on the job humor sent to me, I am praying for everyone who will be in the path of Ike for safety for you and your families.

Writing Wishes and Plotting Dreams,
Vicki

2 comments:

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Vicki - love the office humor. #3 was an lol for me.

Hugs
Hawk

mslizalou said...

Too funny! I love the laugh, but I too am praying for everyone in the like of the hurricanes.