Thursday, February 4, 2010

Calmness in Our Lives....

So not too long ago, I decided to make goals and finish them to the end. One was a diet (which HHB calls an eating lifestyle-same thing am I right?) – I can happily say, I am still on it after a month, lost 7 lbs and 3”. I go to the gym every week, now I initially said 3 times a week, well let’s just say, I go no less than 2 and get on the treadmill at home now.

I have finished a submission AND sent it in – anyone who knows me, knows that’s a biggie because…well just because, I’m never completely happy with what I’ve written (can you say perfectionist class). But, that could be a whole other blog.

So I’m leaving you with words to live by--that a good friend sent to me.

Try it, it works!

CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works...........
Dr. Oz proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.'

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Tequila, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now.

HUGS!!!
LKap

2 comments:

Vicki said...

And I love what you turned in for submission!!! You've done amazing on the new lifestyle change in eating. I know the gym is great, but it so does take away from "coffee time" :)

I'm thinking that's a great way to finish what you start and yep, I'd be feeling good too, or passed out cold. Heehee

Brandy W said...

I'm glad you've made your 'no excuses' policy. I know I'm super proud of you finishing and submitting your story.

Now if you could finish that other one so I can read it. I'd really appreciate it. I REALLY liked it but then you know where my mind has been lately.

I'm also proud of you sticking to your lifestyle change. One day I too will do something similar.