1. Bugs, yes you read that correct. I said bugs. You know it’s true. Out you go to see fireworks and those pesky little no-see-em’s start biting away. Hence the reason I choose the green pattern this week. It has a fly on it.
2. Hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Please burn my hotdog a bit please. I love them that way.
3. I get an extra day off from the day job. WhooHoo!! Even if it is in the middle of the week.
4. Fireworks. Can you say oohh…ahhh…look at all the pretty colors. They scare the mess out of my doggies though. I love to watch them. Not so big on the crazy crowds but love the way they explode in the black night sky. Makes me think of that first kiss thing.
5. Family, well for most people it’s family. Since my daughter lives in another state to far to drive down for the weekend much less the day I don’t get to see her. My parents and sister do live in the same state but way at the top. My son did come by for a while and that was great.
6. Friends. I love it when you have lots of friends together for any type of cook out. That didn’t happen this year but most years that’s what happens.
7. Ice Cream!!! I love ice cream so any reason to have some is good for me.
8. Chilling - I can read, sleep, write, cook, clean or watch TV. I choose write and read for my 4th of July. Thank goodness Science Guy loves me and lets me do that. He cooked on the grill.
9. Watching the shows on TV. There are so many 4th of July specials that it’s fun to see favorites on the shows. Of course we Tivo everything so that we can watch commercial free.
10. Spending the day with Science Guy. That’s always something I love. No matter what we do or don’t do.
11. Writing since I’m doing the 100 x 100 thing. I still did my word count (505) for today.
12. Swimming in the pool. Okay we don’t have a pool but my cp does and I can swim in her pool. We’ll have one once we decide which house to buy.
13. Okay this last one isn’t really about the 4th of July or what I did/do on the 4th but I have to put it anyway. One Week Till I Leave For Nationals. You noticed I only capitalized the first word. I didn’t want to scream, well I do but you know be PC and all. I’m so excited about going and now it’s only a week away.
So what’s your favorite thing about the 4th of July? If you do the Thursday Thirteen be sure an leave the link in the comments so I can add you.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
2. Alyssa Goodnight
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants