Be sure and leave your comments. Tomorrow I’ll announce this week’s winner.
1…. I don’t have to go to the day job – Don’t get me wrong for a day job mine is not bad. I love where I work and who I work with. Still I’m looking forward to the day that writing is my day job.
2. I can sleep in –Well, that’s not entirely true if you know me. I can’t sleep in no matter what day it is. I can, however take a nap if I want to.
3. My house gets back in somewhat order – I’m a writer. Really that should be enough said on that one.
4. Catching up on movies – There’s no time during the week to do this. Usually on the weekends we watch at least one new movie.
5. Writing – This is one of my very favorites. I can write anytime of the day for as long as I want. This is when I write the most words. My muse loves the weekend.
6. Visiting with Friends – Really, that’s pretty much it on this one. This is when I have the extra time.
7. Cooking – I love to cook but during the week it’s got to be something fast and easy. So on the weekends I like to cook the things that take oh so much longer.
8. Reading – This seems to be the only time that I read anymore. During the week I come home from the day job and start the second job. Writing. Which means reading usually has to be done on the weekends.
9. Shopping – Okay, so I’ll shop anytime but the weekends there is more time to look around, take my time, try things on.
10. The beach – I love, love, love the beach. Science Guy and I used to go to the beach in the evenings and walk but not so much anymore. If I’m going to make it there it has to be on the weekends.
11. Spending time with Science Guy – Yes, we see each other everyday, when we wake up, eat that quick weekday dinner, watch a bit of TV (after I’ve finished writing for the night), and so on. But the weekends is when we can spend real time together.
12. Taking a day trip to nowhere – I love to do this. We don’t do it every weekend but it’s so much fun to just pick a place and get in the car and go check it out. We’ve found some really cool places this way.
13. House hunting – Well at least for now. This is the only time that we can drive around and look at the neighborhoods we think we want to live in. I do believe we found the place last weekend but until everything is signed and over with I still have to look.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. December Quinn
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants