Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday Check In (late) and Contest

I sat there all day. Was I picked for jury duty? Nope. Good thing I took what all writers would take; a great book, my last two chapters, and my Quickpad. I read, edited, and wrote. All in all I can’t say that it was a day wasted. Actually it was like having a free day to do what I love best. Just not in the comfort of my own home.

Time to check in with the word count for the 100x100 this week:

AT&B:
Last Sunday’s ending word count: 23,285
Ending word count for the week: 24,807
Total new words added this week: 1,522

Not the word count I would like but I’m still writing forward. With finding a home, packing, and moving at the end of the month as long as I’m writing I’m happy.

Okay, now for the fun part. This week’s contest is for Julie Leto’s new book Stripped.

Lilith St. John is a witch—really! And she hasn't been too good lately. (It seems using her powers to make Detective Mac Mancusi totally infatuated with her was a big no-no. Who knew?) After all, what woman could resist having a sexy guy like Mac aching for her every minute they were apart? But the council isn't pleased—in fact, they're stripping Lilith of her powers. What's a witch to do?

Especially now—when Mac's suddenly back in her life, looking to rekindle the magic…

You can listen to an audible here: Stripped audible

Thanks to everyone who left comments on their favorite authors. The coming weeks contest will have several of them. I know it’s hard to pick the fav’s when there are so many. This is a great way to learn about authors that we may not know.

Erica, you can be sure your book will be on the contest as soon as it hits the shelves. :)

As always, leave your comments today and during the week to be included in the contest.

WW’s&PD’s,
Vicki

7 comments:

Danika Dinsmore said...

It pays to be prepared. Yay Quickpad!

I'm not checking in with any numbers... I've been between projects for a few weeks and waffling back and forth. I've finally decided to work on the next book in my series (the first book is still being shopped by my agents, who are on vacation at the moment.) I've been using some of my writing exercises from my blog to work out the storyline.

I haven't decided if I'm going to write the screenplay first or shoot straight for the novel. The first book was an adaptation of one of my scripts. I've never written a story as a novel first.

Happy packing and moving!

Jill James said...

Glad you didn't get stuck actually doing jury duty.

I wrote 53 pages this week!!! So happy for me, story is almost to the lovely THE END.

PatriciaW said...

Glad you got to use your time productively.

I'm up 6,628 words since last week's check-in. Still below my target of 9,000 words for the week but pretty good.

Jill wrote 53 PAGES?! Go, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Congrats gals on your writing!

Julie's new book sounds great!

Terri W.

Vicki said...

Danika - I love my Quickpad. It makes things so easy when I'm away.

Jill - Awesome page count!!! You are burning up the keyboard.

Patricia - Your word count is great! And you're writing, that's the important thing.

Terri - Hi, so glad you come by.

tetewa said...

I've never done jury duty either but heard it can be a big pain in the butt, so glad you missed out. Looking forward to Julie's new book!

Erica Ridley said...

Erica, you can be sure your book will be on the contest as soon as it hits the shelves.

LOL. I can only hope!!! Wouldn't that be awesome?

*happy sighs*

In the meantime, whoo Julie! =)